That Gemini Blogger

Thursday 16 May 2019

The Broken Girl - Series #4

I knew it was a long time since I last blogged but little did I know that my old blog belonged to an older era altogether.

From blogging, my passion drifted to photography and then to cooking, to doodling and now felt the sudden urge to blog again! Well.. I have segmented my interests into various pockets and developed an intense determination that I would pursue all these in an unbiased form. That being that! 

What motivated me to blog today was my morning's protein shake in which I lavishly added the King of Fruits. Post my Asthma diagnosis, I was asked by the medical supervisors to stay away from all the seasonal fruits and vegetables. Due to which, I haven't had the chance to even nibble mango for over 3 years now. However, since the last 2 weeks, I have consumed all the god damn food which I was asked to avoid and had the royal bites of everything edible within my reach. 

When my Asthma first triggered, we weren't even aware that it was Asthma. The cough, sputum, dizziness, none of it made any sense to us, until my mom decided to send me to a family doctor who again was, unfortunately and unexpectedly unavailable. That fugitive transit to the clinic and back home had an adverse affect though. While huffing and puffing with congestion, my aunt, whom I dearly refer to as "Uma Pinni", was the one who rightly identified the condition to be Asthma. 

By the time the diagnosis was done and I was rushed to the hospital, I was completely breathless with my body gazing at the world in it's ink-blue color. From that day, I have come very far now. All that day gives me is, shivers and goosebumps. Not to this horrendous extent, but a minute trigger scared the hell out of me a fortnight ago. My husband(well, the Not-So-Ordinary-Boy and I got married, FINALLY) had to rush from work while I was accompanied by my workplace friend in the hospital with all the cheesy wires plugged. 

From the day 3 years ago to the day 14 days ago, things have changed tremendously. From having an entire clan by my side that day, to 2 people next to me, things have miraculously changed. While lying on the bed in the Emergency or ICU ward, little do we know or think about who's waiting or praying or worried, but that glimpse you catch for a tiny second, the love that reflects out in their sparkly teary eyes, does matter. I would dare not deny that I miss that warmth and love, because, like hell I do. 

With 10 years of love and marriage though still at knee height to a grasshopper, the Not-So-Ordinary-Boy and I have become impenetrable to all the nonsense in life. We have both decided not to spare a single negative emotion or body surrounding us; that, including Asthma. Yet again, I had my Uma Pinni at rescue referring the best doctor available who can help us get rid of this annoyingly deadly condition. In these last 2-weeks, the calls she has made to check on me, the love showered and the confidence imparted has gotten me a swollen determination to be healthy- mentally and physically.

To her and many more people like her, would thank you suffice? In a world like today's, where people do not care to turn their heads and have deaf ears towards the ill(physically, mentally and financially), it is sparse to have someone who would monitor your well-being. Do not lose these loved-ones for anything in this world! They're beyond exquisite and they deserve the best of endearment in return.
Loads of love from The Not So Ordinary Boy and the Broken Heart Gemini Girl to all THE Uma Pinnis' in your lives.

P.S: It's not "just" Asthma. It's a horrible condition where the primary requisition(Oxygen) is blocked for an unbearably long duration. If you or anyone you know is suffering with this medical condition, please do not hesitate to reach out to me for any assistance or details. :)

Until next time I remember to blog, Adios Amigos! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

That Blessing!

If I were to tag myself for this year, it'll be "responsible spoilt brat"; for, the love not-so-ordinary boy showers me with m...