That Gemini Blogger

Wednesday 4 November 2020

That Blessing!

If I were to tag myself for this year, it'll be "responsible spoilt brat"; for, the love not-so-ordinary boy showers me with me is that intense! (Not that he's all lovey-dovey all day, hence the "responsible" tag) The lockdown got us three so close together as a family that my heart aches even with the thought of us leaving the house one fine day for work. 

I thought we would suffocate one another; Simba honestly gave us those vibes initially. But with each passing day, we grow fond of each other. With these two boys celebrating their birthdays this month, I'm all the more panicky and excited as this year is going to be so special for all the three of us! 

With insomnia hitting me hard, I'm awake almost until dawn each night only to watch these boys fall asleep! So exciting this ritual is that I find Instagram boring in front of their unexplainable faces, humourous snores and many more funny things. I mean, the not-so-ordinary boy giggles in his sleep at times, Simba runs and barks in sleep and they both wake up with the slightest sound or a ray of light with faces that look similar to that of Garfield on a Monday morning. 

Tonight, unlike any other night I was watching these two sleep while fidgeting with my phone on and off, only to see the not-so-ordinary boy cuddle himself up for warmth. A man of his personality looking for warmth is just cuteness overloaded for my tiny ant like eyes. Less of a husband and more of a grown up kiddo that he's to me, I woke up instantly to grab a blanket and cover him up. As expected the Monster woke up but what wasn't expected was his love even in such deep sleep. I assumed he would yell at me for disturbing his sleep! (He also kicks people hard when he feels disturbed, literally! No, I'm not kidding 😂)  He took me by surprise when he placed his palm on my forehead and mumbled something. 

Though we are husband and wife legally, we still share a relationship that is bounded by friendship, hence I never experienced that "husbandly" behaviour. With me scratching my head as to how and what I have to do for his birthday, he swept me off my feet by showering some blessings tonight. I dint realise I would love this gesture so much. Maybe for women who touch their husbands feet on every festival this might not even be a big deal, but for someone like me who shares his beer mug with some authority, this means a lot more than I can explain in words. 

For his birthday this year, I plan to ask for his blessings again. But this time, when he is awake and conscious. If he cares for me this intensly even in such deep sleep, imagine the kind of love his heart is filled up with. Blessed is my tiny soul to have a person like him in my life. 

P.S: His birthday is on November 11th. Don't forget to shower him with your wishes. My man deserves all the blessings in this entire wide world! 

2 comments:

That Blessing!

If I were to tag myself for this year, it'll be "responsible spoilt brat"; for, the love not-so-ordinary boy showers me with m...