That Gemini Blogger

Thursday 26 September 2019

I Belong.....

I belong to that generation that has seen a beautiful, unfenced lake right in front of Wipro, where we used to sit with our toes dipped.

I belong to that generation which has seen Chermas being overtaken by enormous brands.

I belong to that generation where ₹10 fetched us a coconut and ₹2 got a bag full of celery.

I belong to that generation to which divorce wasn’t seeken as a simple solution to otherwise solvable problems.

I belong to that generation where legs were scrapped, elbows were fractured and body was bruised, yet that dint stop us from playing outdoors.

I belong to that generation which had marriages considered as celebrations for over a week with a banquet hall full of relatives.

I belong to that generation that followed customs, traditions and other regulations without evaluating and analysing every single word.

I belong to that generation to which scarcity of water wasn’t known and water was available to everyone without having to think of affordability.

I belong to that generation that has seen food revolution literally.

I belong to that generation where everyone knows the names of every other person in the neighbourhood.

I belong to that generation which played around tall trees, green parks and sand without having the fear of germs and thoughts of hand sanitizer.

I belong to that generation that grew up in a household surrounded by grandparents, aunts, uncles and  cousins.

I belong to that generation where summer vacation was about cousins from other states visiting us for 2 months and then departed with tears yet with a promise to meet again next summer.

I belong to that generation that got excited with the smell of new school uniform and books.

I belong to that generation which used newspapers and library books to complete school projects.

I belong to that generation which craved for mangoes and slurped them all through summers.

I belong to that generation where granny’s pickles were relished delightfully.

And here I’m, a girl from that generation, wishing I was born a generation up so that my future offspring would’ve lived through the generation that I belong to!


10 comments:

  1. I belong to the sameπŸ€— extremely touching..! Great one alekhya πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just incredible..!! Loved it♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got me all nostalgic... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well framed & written abt our childhood, taking us through the nostalgia lane... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    You were one of the best neighbour, frnd & tuition mate... proud to be a 90’s kid πŸ‘¦

    ReplyDelete

That Blessing!

If I were to tag myself for this year, it'll be "responsible spoilt brat"; for, the love not-so-ordinary boy showers me with m...