That Gemini Blogger

Tuesday 16 July 2019

The Travel Story of our Four-Pawed Super-Boy!

Boy, I would be lying if I say this was the best trip I have ever been on! However, as I recall the start of the engine from our abode in Hyderabad until it was off for good back again in Hyderabad, there were loads and loads of pleasantries that could void the hassles!

Honestly, I have an on-off switch for my moods and use it, though not often, modestly. One such off, was the recent episode at work, due to which the doctor said health was tampered for good and I need to back off. To take care of me, my duty-bound husband, stayed back on Friday. The recovery dint happen as planned, by Saturday, hence, he had to stay back again! In this transit of me recovering and he pampering, there came a trivial thought to travel.

While we were in Bengaluru, I happily used to leave my boy at OyePuppy boarding and I failed to find such a place in my vicinity where I would be certain of the fact that it would be a petcation for Simba too. How much ever we wanted to go on this delightful road trip, we weren't prepared to leave Simba behind. That's how the mark of his first journey began.



The entire back seat of the car was allocated to this ass, but nothing brings contentment in our boy! Our road trip was totaled to 500 Kms precisely and for his first trip, I must say, he very well adapted. Initially we were worried about his unforeseen leaps to the front, nevertheless, he gained the understanding of that action being a 'NO' action in the first couple of hours.

Our initial concern was to ensure the ride was smooth for him and that he had regular meals and adequate water as usual without any disturbance, whilst halting whenever required for enough muscle exercise and fresh air for the champ. During which, he managed to shoo away the mongrels and other passersby. Hero, ain't he?

Hampi being our destination, there were little to no places which had objections with us tagging along with Simba; Right, that's how I see it! To start off with, when I first called Waterfall Resort in Anegundi, Ramu-the owner, was thrilled to know that Simba was joining the trip. The accommodation provided suited the needs of our boy and yay! he loved the surroundings. We were curious to check if there were any anxiety attacks or symptoms about the new place, but NONE were exhibited!



We anticipated rejection and fear from strangers towards Simba, henceforth, started in the wee hours to avoid any embarrassment. Our first destination was Queen's bath and a helper who seen Simba from afar welcomed us inside with such warmth. Though she was highly strung, she encouraged us to walk inside the court to get the feel. My munchkin royally walked in the corridors and posed at the glance of we taking a picture. With this, our confidence levels upraised.



 With this successful trial we proceeded to visit the King's and Queen's Palace and other places. A local guide offered to share the history of the places and the curious hubby dear accepted the humble request. The guide, took us all around the city in an auto-rickshaw and showed us around. Our furball was pretty languorous while moving up-hill and enjoyed the breeze hitting his face and blowing away the velvet ears when we rushed down.



The only resentment we received was at the Virupaksha Temple, where we had to hop onto a battery car to visit the temple; not all but some of the not-very-fond-of-dogs kind of people were hesitant to share the battery car with our munchkin. We were benefited with this rejection with us being offered an entire back-seat where The Boy lied down gazing at the trees, demolished structures and people.



The only distress was to leave him alone for a while as we munch on some local delicacies, mostly Arabic food, while relishing every bit of it. As the path to Virupapuragaddi look traumatizing much for Simba, we could stay off food for a day, substituting the meals with take away food and fruits. This way, he totally helped us stay healthy during the entire trip! Yippie!

Though we made tons of memories, the one thing we would probably not forget until death welcomes us, was the way Simba kept waking up in the car every hour or two, to check on us, sniff, lick and kiss to let us know how concerned he was. This gesture of his, made us drive more cautiously.

I wanted to take him on a train journey, with Duggard(Insta Name) being a major source of inspiration, however, was skeptical, knowing the hyper-active nature of my boy. That being that, we both are looking forward with a lot of eagerness and love to travel with our boy, once again! For, that addictive his love is!

Until I pen down my next blog, loads of sniffs, wags and licks your way from Simba!




6 comments:

  1. Woah! Such a gooooood boy!! Well written blog with an emotion touch :-)

    You both and Simba are lucky to have each other!! I wish you all many more fun-filled trips together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is!❤️❤️❤️
      Thank you so much. So sweet of you! 🙈😇😘

      Delete

That Blessing!

If I were to tag myself for this year, it'll be "responsible spoilt brat"; for, the love not-so-ordinary boy showers me with m...